Discover our Familia!
The Latina/o Studies Program (LSP), founded in 1987, has been a focal point for the Latina/o community at Cornell for 30 years. We are a dynamic community of students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds dedicated to the study of a vastly heterogeneous population in the United States that today totals over 55 million people.
Celebrate 30 Years: 1987 - 2017! Let's Dream Together!
Doing More For Our Students! The gifts raised through this campaign will help the Latinx community thrive and will be used to positively impact the experience of current and future students.
- Support Latina/o undergraduate and graduate student research work and conference participation to enrich leadership and professional development.
- Provide book awards for Latina/o Studies courses.
- Provide stoles to our undergraduate and graduate minors at our Commencement celebration.
- Help the Latina/o Student Success Office continue to support the Mi Comunidad graduate-undergraduate mentoring program and Latin@s Thrive! series.
- Through community engagement help to build the Latina/o Studies student, staff, and faculty collaborations with the local downtown community.
SAFE SPACES: In the days following the 2016 presidential election, students flocked to our Latina/o/x “hot spots” on campus seeking a safe space to share their tears of fear and frustration, as well as hopes and challenges anticipated for the months ahead. LSP/LSSO has been a leader in supporting undocumented students. Your gift will enhance our ability to provide safe spaces for undocumented students, their allies and supportive campus members.
A HOME AWAY FROM HOME! Our doors are always open. Our space serves as the hub for Latinx students and student organizations and provides a wide range of resources including a robust curriculum, academic & social support and counseling, academic advising, meeting and study space, computer lab, printing, library, and friendly, welcoming support staff. We are a comunidad!
The People's Walkout at Cornell University, November 11, 2016.
STAY CONNECTED: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, http://latino.cornell.edu
CONTACT: Latina/o Studies Program • firstname.lastname@example.org • Phone (607) 255-3197